SkySaver Backpack to Escape From a Building… or Fun!
I saw a video for SkySaver backpacks and they look like they could really save lives… or be a lot of fun if there’s no danger around.
I’m not trying to be flippant or disrespectful, but that mechanism is really cool and could be a lot of fun.
Here’s a video of how it works.
They don’t come cheap though.
But for 260 feet, that’s pretty awesome!
From the website:
The most essential and revolutionary aspect of the SkySaver is the Controlled Descent Device (CDD). The CDD is located within the SkySaver backpack. This device allows you to safely and securely descend to safety. It is resistant to temperatures of up to 302 degrees Fahrenheit, and is capable of securely lowering anyone to the ground who weighs between 66 and 300 pounds at a safe speed of three to six feet per second. It is incredibly durable, able to withstand heat, cold, oil, dust, and extreme tension.
1. The high quality screws, made of steel, hold the device securely together, and help to reinforce the CDD.
2. The plate is made of aluminum and isolates the braking system from the planetary gear system.
3. The planetary gear system is reinforced to withstand high tension and shock.
4. The back reinforced plate gives ultimate protection and backpack compatibility.
5. The drum is made of alloy steel which gives reinforced strength to the teeth on the drum.
6. The mechanical braking system is made of cast-iron, strong enough to allow for your 1-2 meter per second descent.
7. The reinforced plate protects the CDD against extreme tension and conditions.
This device was designed and tested by top engineers over the course of three years. It was tested against heat, being baked at 175 degrees Fahrenheit for eight hours as well as tested against cold, being frozen at -31 degrees Fahrenheit for eight hours. It underwent testing for direct fire, oil, dust, and it was submerged in water.
For every ten units, a dummy nicknamed “Rescue Randy” is used to test the SkySaver for 60 feet. For every fifty units, SkySaver conducts destructive testing, uncoiling the entire CDD to its limits.
Every single CDD is rigorously tested, in order to ensure that it functions according to its technical specifications. Multiple tests are conducted by experts in the field of industrial engineering and design. You can feel safe knowing that your CDD was manufactured and tested by a professional, with as much care and expertise as humanly possible. Each CDD contains a barcode that matches it with its corresponding backpack, ensuring its direct compatibility. This allows each SkySaver to work to perfection, and lets us track each component of SkySaver wherever it is in the world.
They also have another great video.
Leave a Reply